Proposal to assist in preparation of Basic Draft/DSR / DFR/DPR and Project Management for Common Facility Centre(s)
Background: The Ministries of Government of India (GoI) and State Govt. of Tamilnadu has adopted the cluster development approach as a key strategy for enhancing the productivity and competitiveness as well as capacity building of Micro, Small, Medium and Larger Enterprises and their collectives in the country. A cluster is a group of enterprises located within an identifiable and as far as practicable, contiguous area and producing same/similar products/services. The essential characteristics of enterprises in a cluster are
(a) Similarity or complementarities in the methods of production, quality control and testing, energy consumption, pollution control, etc.
(b) Similar level of technology and marketing strategies/practices
(c) Channels for communication among the members of the cluster
(d) Common challenges and opportunities. The Ministries of MSME, Commerce and Industries, Human Resources, Medical and Health Care, Skill Development Institutions has evolved a variety of schemes benefitting Micro, Small, Medium and Larger Enterprises .
- Basic Draft Preparation: To study about the complete status of the cluster and documenting the process / Flow of goods/Critical constraints and Gaps/ Govt. assistance etc/ SPV contributions/Supportive document for DSR/DPR.
- Soft Interventions: Technical assistance, capacity building, exposure visits, market development, trust building, Cluster Development Coordination Committee (CDCC) Meetings etc., SPV formations for the cluster units.
- Diagnostic Study Reports: To map the business processes in the cluster and propose remedial measures, with a validated action plan
- Detailed Project Report: To prepare a technical feasible and financially viable project report for setting up of a common facility centre for cluster of MSME and Large scale units and/or infrastructure development project for new industrial estate/ area or for up gradation of infrastructure in existing industrial estate/ area/ cluster.
- Hard Intervention/Common Facility Centres (CFCs): Based on the gaps identified during the Diagnostic Study Report, Detailed Feasibility Report, Detailed Project Report and the Project Components for the Common facility will be finalised and implemented.
Objectives of the Scheme
- To support the sustainability and growth of MSMEs and Large scale Industries by addressing common issues such as improvement of technology, skills and quality, market access, access to capital, etc.
- To build capacity of MSMEs for common supportive action through formation of self-help groups, consortia, up gradation of associations, etc.
- To create/upgrade infrastructural facilities in the new/existing industrial areas/ clusters of MSMEs.
- To set up common facility centres (for testing, training centre, raw material depot, effluent treatment, complementing production processes ).
Cluster Business Development Initiatives in Govt. Sectors
|Micro and Small Enterprises – Cluster Development Programme||15|
|Modified Industrial Infrastructure Upgradation Scheme||100|
|Textile Commissioners Office Projects (2.5 Cr.)||2.5|
|TANSIDCO Micro Cluster Projects (2.5 Cr.)||2.5|
|Mega Food Park Scheme||50|
|Scheme for Integrated Textile Parks||100|
|Scheme for Develop of AYUSH Clusters||15|
|Khadi Village Industries Commission –Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries – KVIC SFURTI||8|
|Integrated Processing Development Scheme||50|
|National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project scheme – NAT Rip||–|
|Indian Leather Development Programme – ILDP||50|
|Comprehensive Handloom Cluster Development Scheme – CHCDS||50|
List of Common Facility Centres to be established by TTPK, Tiruppur
|No.||Special Purpose Vehicle||Project Cost in Rs. Cr.||Project Position|
|1||TTPK Apparel Cluster Private Limited, Tiruppur.||18.5||SIDBI Appraisal|
|2||SIIMKA Knitex Services Private Limited, Tiruppur||17.5||SIDBI Appraisal|
|3||Tiruppur Fashion Cluster Private Limited (NIFT TEA), Tiruppur.||15.0||GoI Steering Committee|
|4||Palladam Powerloom Weaving Cluster Private Limited, Tiruppur.||18.5||GoI Technical Committee|
|5||Kozhikode Wooden Furniture Cluster Private Limited, Kozhikode, Kerala.||15.0||GoI Steering Committee|
|6||Calicut Steel Furniture Cluster Consortium, Kozhikode, Kerala.||15.0||State Govt. Steering Committee|
|7||Erode RMG Cluster Private Limited, Erode||15.0||Preparation of DSR/ DPR|